Household Hazardous Waste Household Disposal Locations Wastemobile Business Hazardous Waste Hazardous Waste Directory Industrial Materials Exchange (IMEX) Financial Help Report a Violator
Hazardous & Toxic Chemicals Natural Landscaping & Pesticides Floods EnviroStars Policy Young Children & Families Choose Safer Household Products Resources for Schools
Library Publications
Spanish Vietnamese Russian Somali Chinese Korean Ukrainian Other Languages

Material Information

Home >> Business Hazardous Waste Directory >> Material List >> Material Information

Business Waste: Fireworks
Proper Disposal: Fireworks and explosives are NOT accepted at any of the Household Hazardous Waste collection sites.

City of Seattle:
Call the Seattle Police Department at 206-684-8980 and an officer will collect them. Fireworks are not allowed within the City of Seattle limits and it is recommended that residents not transport them in their vehicles.

Both Seattle and King County residents may take small residential fireworks to the Seattle Police Firing Range at 11030 E. Marginal Way S., Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 206-684-7474.

King County:
Contact your Suburban City Police Department for assistance or the Seattle Police Firing Range (see information above).

For Unincorporated King County (or suburban cities that contract with the King County Sheriff’s office) call the King County Sheriff’s Office at 206-296-3311 and an officer will collect them.
Recycle: --
Potential Hazards: Combustible and flammable. May contain black powder - saltpeter (potassium nitrate), charcoal and sulfur; strontium chloride, barium chloride.
Safer Alternatives: --
Collection Facilities Info: Small Business Hazardous Waste Disposal – What wastes can I bring?
Last Modified: 07/07/2011

Business Waste Directory