Encaustic artists may work with hazardous chemical products that can harm their health, such as:
- Pigment powders containing these toxic metals
- Antimony, cadmium, chromium, cobalt, lead and nickel.
Protecting your skin and eyes
- Wear chemical-resistant gloves when working with toxic pigment powders.
Protecting your lungs
Use safer choices
- Purchase pigments already mixed in wax to control dust.
- Keep pigment powder containers closed when not in use.
- Visit the Art Supplies page to learn safety warnings on product labels.
We can help
Safely dispose of encaustic wastes