Resources for Janitors & House Cleaners
- Chemical Hazards from Cleaning Products. One in a series of modules that discusses hazards janitors, custodians, and housekeepers may encounter. Washington State Department of Labor & Industries, Online Safety Course – Module 1.
- Safer Cleaning. Washington Toxics Coalition
- Design for the Environment (Dfe). Find safer products for your home and the environment. EPA United State Environmental Protection Agency
- Household Products Database. Information about health effects, handling/disposal and ingredients taken from the product label and/or the MSDS. U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
- From Shelf to Sound: Hidden and Hazardous Chemicals in Everyday Products. Steinemann, Anne, University of Washington Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering and Public Affairs.
- Cleaning for Health: Products and Practices for a Safer Indoor Environment. Robbins, Emily, ed., INFORM Inc., New York, NY, 2002.