Working Together to Reduce Hazardous Waste
To protect and enhance public health and environmental quality in King County by reducing the threat posed by the production, use, storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
The Program works with residents and businesses throughout King County to:
- Reduce the production of toxics and hazardous products and to promote stewardship of those products by their manufacturers.
- Reduce the use of and exposure to, hazardous products and wastes and.
- Ensure the proper storage and disposal of toxics and hazardous waste.
The Program's Work
This Plan Update describes the Program's wide-ranging services to businesses and residents throughout King County. Annual work plans and Program reports describe projects and services in greater detail.
Last Updated: 9/2/2014
- 2010 Local Hazardous Waste Management Plan Update
The Local Hazardous Waste Management Program's 2010 Plan Update describes the Program's vision, mission, goals organizational structure and services. It was approved by the King County Board of Health in April 2010 and the Washington Department of Ecology in July 2010.
- Annual Work Plans & Program Reports
The Program's work is summarized in annual work plans and reports.